Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Very Early Easter Surprize...BJ Bunnie!


I am delighted to present to you an original Boggy Bottom Bayou artist bunny, designed and made by me, Carolyn Smith. His name is B.J.. I am not going to place a reserve on him to encourage bidding. So without further adieu, here is B.J.!

B.J.’s fur is a one inch curly, matted (for an older look) sparse, 1 inch Kaki Schulte mohair. His white whiskers and his cute fuzzy tail are made of one inch Stieff uses Schulte mohair on their famous Teddy Bears sold throughout the world for a hundred years!

He is 16 inches tall (not counting his ears!) and stands upright very easily as his feet are weighted with very tiny glass beads. He is fully jointed (arms, legs and head), using durable discs and lock-nuts. His eyes are imported from Germany and are of hand-blown glass. His nose is stitched layer over layer with coral colored pearled cotton. Paw pads are made of tan. 100% Merino wool with hand-stitched claws. He wears a primitive tan gingham vest that features a hand appliquéd bunny and carrots. There is even a carrot on his back left shoulder!

A gold metal bear button on his rump along with the Boggy Bottom Bayou tag and slogan “Get Swamped!” BJ’s “Little Bunnie Bum” has the fluffiest tail ever, made from string mohair.

BJ Bunnie is featured this month on PFATT Marketplace and may go home with you for 98.00 plus travel fare. Please send me your zipcode for a shipping estimate.

All designs are original. People who know me laugh when they find out that my hand-drawn patterns all start out on elementary school notebook paper…can’t sketch a thing on plain white paper! I began my Folk Art career while my boys were in grade school and that was the only paper that was always handy!

2 comments:

  1. B.J. is very sweet and cute!!! Congratulation!! I love your creations. You´re a artist.

    A greeting,
    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much. he's a little more like my old style of bunnie.

    ReplyDelete