Friday, February 10, 2012

Jannie...In My Heart's Pocket


HI Everyone...I haven't done a bear in a while, but just had to make a couple for this Valentine/Easter Season! She is appearing on the Pfatt Marketplace beginning around 10 am today! I hope you enjoy her! Please scroll down to my previous post to see how you can win Daniel...All Hearts Hope.

Here is Jannie!


She has some hand stitching on her sweet little face...

More on Jannie...I am delighted to present to you, a Boggy Bottom Bayou Blackwater Bear. Boggy Bottom Bayou’s Blackwater Bears are a combination of my long love for everything prim and my even longer love for bears (way back when I was little!). They are so fun to make and equally hard to part with as they take on their own little personalities. Thank you for stopping and having a look at Her!

Jannie’s’s fur is a sparse density pile 1/2 inch long, curly, matted, old Kaki mohair with a medium tan backing. and gives her a wonderfully warm and well loved appearance. She is 14 inches tall.

She has fully jointed (arms, legs and head), using durable discs, tap bolts, and lock-nuts. Her eyes are imported from Germany and are of hand-blown glass. Jannie’s nose is stitched layer over layer with coral colored pearl cotton and then waxed for an aged look. Paw pads are made from Kaki Merino wool felt with hand-stitched claws. She also has the characteristic hump in her back common to many antique bears.
Jannie is all ready for Valentine’s Day with a prim heart and and vest. Her ruffled collar accents the colors in her outfit.

Jannie can go home with you for an adoption fee of 95.00 plus travel fare

Please visit Boggy Bottom Bayou at the http://www.pfattmarketplace.com/

All designs are original. All pieces are signed and dated by the artist, me. People who know me laugh when they find out that my hand-drawn patterns all start out on elementary school notebook paper…can’t sketch a thing on plain white paper! I began my Folk Art career while my boys were in grade school and that was the only thing that was always handy!

1 comment:

  1. Janine is the most adorable bear. She's so sweet looking.
    What ever works for the sketching, it doesn't matter.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete