Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pumpkin Tutorial Tools and Supplies


Hey there Ya'll!!!

Tutorial begins at 1pm EST...See you there!
Well folks, my first online tutorial and I've already overlooked something...I should have posted a list of tools and supplies last week so you could get ready...not to worry though, as I will be keeping the tutorial up as a permanent part of my blog that you just scroll down to see, and I will be putting it under a Tutorial Section that I will be constructing soon!

I'm posting this now so you can go through and see what you already have, and also so that you know what else you need to make your pumpkin.

Tools and Materials


 (some knowledge of general sewing techniques is required)
  • Scissors 
  • Hot glue gun
  • Hot fix crystal applicator (Mine is Made by Darice - see links)
  • Cotton print fabric at least 26 inches by 24 inches (see links)
  • Black lace fabric about 2 inches by 2 inches (see links)
  • Mastex thread (available through Edinburgh Imports-see links)
  • Two approximately 1" sturdy buttons JoAnn's or Walmart)
  • One 5" sculpting needle
  • One package of 7 mm rick rack in black
  • Size 16ss olive or black hot fix crystals (see links)
  • Elmer's Spray Adhesive
  • Hot Glue sticks
  • Five green Millinery leaves approximately 3 inches long by 2 inches wide (easily found on Ebay)
  • Lime green ultra fine glitter (available at many craft stores)
  • Polyfil stuffing 
  • One 4 inch beveled wood base (bought mine at JoAnn's but not online)
  • Black acrylic craft paint
  • Paint brush
  • Matte Interior Varnish by Delta Ceramcoat
  • Glamour Dust (glitter paint) Black Ice by DecoArt, sent to me by my swap box pal LeeAnn, and found at Micheal's  
  • Sewing Machine
  • Fabri-tac fabric glue
  • Large Books (to hold weight in place Step 20)

Yours Always,

Carly Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment